What is the difference between audiologists and hearing aid dispensers?

Audiologists are health care professionals with a minimum level of education of a master’s degree. They are certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association. The letters CCC (Certificate of Clinical Competence) follow the names of qualified audiologists and the CCC-A indicates certification in the fields of Audiology. In contrast, hearing aid dispensers are not required to have a college degree. They may have some training in the measurement of hearing tests and should be licensed by their State to sell and service hearing aids.